Sunday 18 September 2011

3: primary research 2. Part B


Interviews

Following the questionnaire i then carried out a few 1-1- interviews with 2 more guys and then 2 parents.  This was so i could get feed back on my ideas and whether or not the parents found it to be appropriate; as sometimes because of complaints from parents certain adverts get shown after the watershed.
 
The guys
Felt the idea of trying to get into a nightclub was appropriate age group wise and suggested that perhaps I include a female in the ad. Where as they found the ad which showed the better skater to be a girl, with her giving the guys the drink which made them better, “unbelievable”.
Whilst the comments were rather sexist they did have a point audience wise, as it seemed I was trying to make it the opposite of a Yorkie Bar advert “It’s not for girls!”

The parents
I told them about my advert in which a old man is telling his grandchildren about the Aesop fable The turtle & The Hare; in which the two characters are drinking different energy drinks the turtles being a better one which gave him the energy to win.
Despite giving good feedback about how it’s a secret twist in an old story, I felt that the ad was starting to become aimed at a younger audience. So I shelved the idea.

 I also talked to them about the nightclub advert which wasn’t met with negative views as I expected the two reminiscing about trying to sneak into places when they were younger. The dad said if only he had that drink he wouldn’t have spent many a night at home on his tod. The mother said as long as you don’t go too into it about partying and getting girls it should be safe and remain kind of cheeky.

No comments:

Post a Comment